Fundamentals of consulting
A deep immersion into the world of consulting. This experiential programme provides first time consultants and new
entrants with everything they need to know about consulting when they start – mindset, effective consulting qualities,
consulting toolkit and is the essential guide for a successful career in consulting.
- Develop clear and relevant objectives, topics for investigation and outputs for an assignment
- Plan and organise efficient data collection
- Draw logical conclusions from the data and develop practical recommendations for action and next steps
- Work effectively as a team
- Communicate more clearly
This programme is the result of extensive research with leading consultancy firms and management teams. It enables participants to hone their ability to respond to business problems or opportunities by increasing the power and effectiveness of their thinking and improving their capabilities.
- Working in consulting teams
- Understanding the client
- Understanding the issue
- Testing the hunches
- Making sense of the data
- Communicating clearly
Participant level: First-time Consultant, New Entrant
Duration: 3 days*
*Please note the duration of the programmes are given as a typical guideline, however all programmes are tailored to meet clients’ specific objectives.
Click through to complementary programmes
• Analytical problem solving • Change management essentials • Coaching for performance • Developing support professionals • Essential skills for today’s professional • Internal consulting skills • Managing the consulting engagement • Presentation skills and client communications, Storytelling • Vital signs – critical elements of finance